Finance: Asset Management (track)
More info about this programme? Check this recorded webinar.
How should institutional investors invest their clients’ money? How can pensions funds structure their investment portfolio to achieve optimal asset liability structures? Should you hedge currency risk? How do we price securities? What is the effect of high frequency trading on financial markets? Asset management (or investment management) studies portfolios of assets, typically including stocks, bonds and cash, for individuals or companies.
Would you like to work in an environment with professional investors such as mutual funds, pension funds or hedge funds? Are you interested in asset pricing and portfolio management? Then this track in the Finance Master’s programme may be the one for you.
- Prepare for a career in asset management industry, banks, pension funds or consultants
- Benefit from studying at a faculty with major strengths in the world of finance
- Learn to build complex asset structures around the world
One master's programme, five tracks
The Master of Science Finance consists of four top-level academic specialisation tracks building on the strengths of the Finance Group:
- Asset Management
- Banking and Regulation
- Corporate Finance
- Quantitative Finance (starts September 2017)
- Real Estate Finance
After successful completion of this programme, you will receive a legally accredited Master’s degree in Finance and the title Master of Science (MSc).
Rankings and reputation
- is ranked 55th in world and 1st in Netherlands in the 2015-2016 QS World University Rankings
- holds 45th place worldwide in the Faculty Area Rankings for Social Sciences and Management (2015-2016 QS World University Rankings)
- is in top 50 of Social Science Universities and 1st in the Netherlands according to the 2015-2016 Times Higher Education rankings
- is a member of LERU (League of European Research Universities), an exclusive network of renowned research universities
- is a member of Universitas 21, a network of 27 leading research-intensive universities in 17 countries.
- 60 ECTS EC, 12 maanden